Sunday 20 April 2014

Hellay and hulloo from sunny Glenrothes: weekly updates

Hi blog readers I know its Easter Sunday and it should be a day of rest but I have another very busy week ahead of me and may not have the time to write my blog during the week. Mind you that might be a good thing lol

Last week was very busy as usual. Had four days working with students with all the preparation and travel that involves.

Have been working with one of my directors focussing on the next three Unique Dyslexic Get Creative workshops. I think we will be able to move onto the planning stage with all three people delivering the workshops in a couple of weeks.

I know I did say the Unique website was going to be up and running by April 15th. Well as you know there was no fanfare because we were not able / ready to go. Everything just takes so much time to get right. However, I have spent the weekend organising and sending in content to the web developer for inclusion on the web site. The plan is to get that all on the site and then launch it as is and then continue to work on the bits that need more work.

The problem is I am doing the whole thing with the web presence thing from Facebook to website on a voluntary basis. The work is being done as and when I have time. I was up at 2.30 Saturday morning and working on the website until 8 am Saturday morning.

On Thursday I went into Edinburgh for half a days training on Applying Human Rights to Scotland run by the Human Rights Consortium Scotland. I have a lot of interest in dyslexia in relation to human rights and education. Access to a education is one of the fundamental human rights and whilst we are not denied access to school we are not taught in was that enable so many of us to succeed at school.

Have to say the training was very interesting, learned a lot about human rights, a lot of which I must say I didn't know about. The project is called after article 10 of the European Convention of Human Rights:

I am now a Human Rights Advocate and here is my certificate to prove it:


The training took place in St Augstine's Church on George the forth bridge:



As you can see the church has been there for many years. The training took place in the bowels of the church. It was a bit like stepping back into World War 2 looking like a set from Dad's Army lol.

I took the time to have a walk about in Edinburgh and took a few photos while I was there. Edinburgh is a beautiful city:


 Here is the Scottish National Gallery


Scott's Monument in Princes Street gardens


In the distance you can just about see Edinburgh Castle

Here is a photo of the new trams

There was also an open air exhibition to do with a science fair I think. Now here are some images from that exhibition:



4
 
 
Anyway that's enough from me take care 


No comments:

Post a Comment